Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by or...@notrly.com on 2010/07/26 15:52:22 UTC

How to stop cassandra server, installed from debian/ubuntu package

Hi, this might be a dumb question, but I was wondering how do i stop the
cassandra server.. I installed it using the debian package, so i start
cassandra by running /etc/init.d/cassandra. I looked at the script and
tried /etc/init.d/cassandra stop, but it looks like it just tries to start
cassandra again, so i get the port in use exception.

Thanks

SV: How to stop cassandra server, installed from debian/ubuntu package

Posted by Thorvaldsson Justus <ju...@svenskaspel.se>.
I use standard close, CTRL C, I don't run it as deamon
Dunno but think it works fine =)