Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by "Cormier, Matthieu" <ma...@abridean.com> on 2007/05/18 15:03:02 UTC

Custom picklist component

Hello All,

I am attempting to build a picklist JSF component.  Here is a prototype
of a pick list with javascript only:

http://torch.cs.dal.ca/~mcormier/picker/

To create a picklist with columns tables are used. Rows in the table are
built dynamically with javascript from supplied data.

I have built a simple "Hello world" component but am at a loss as to
whether a picklist component is possible.  My main mental hurdle is how
to get the data back after a form submit, because tables are not form
elements.

Do you think building such a component is possible?  Are any components
in myfaces/tomahawk similar to what I am attempting to build? (I could
get a headstart by reading the component source)

M@

Where is ...renderkit.html.util.AddResource?

Posted by "Cormier, Matthieu" <ma...@abridean.com>.
Hello All,

I am looking for the jar that contains import
org.apache.myfaces.renderkit.html.util.AddResource;

Does anyone know where this class is?  It is used by
HtmlPicklistRenderer "package org.apache.myfaces.custom.picklist;"

M@

Re: Custom picklist component

Posted by Josué Alcalde González <jo...@gmail.com>.
You will need to use some inputHidden to send the data to the server.

Posted by Cagatay Civici <ca...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

This would help;

http://myfaces.apache.org/sandbox/selectManyPicklist.html