Posted to ivy-user@ant.apache.org by Xavier Hanin <xa...@gmail.com> on 2008/08/04 20:16:47 UTC

Re: Regular Expressions in Dependency Revisions

On Tue, Jul 22, 2008 at 6:56 PM, Hugo Pinto <hs...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Dear Ivy users,
>
> I am trying to express a general match for a dependency, and I wonder
> if there is any simpler way than implementing my own matcher.
>
> I want to exprfess a dependency that ignores a part of the name of the
> jar file. For instance, for the dependencies
>  mylibrary-1.0.1-BUILD1048
>  thirdPartyLibrary-2.8Beta
>
> I want to write something on the vein of "1.0.1*" for the first and
> "2.8*" for the second. I saw that if the lat bits was entirely
> composed of number, I coudl just use +; as well as doing operations
> with ranges.
> Perusing the manuals I also saw support for more complex regular
> expressions in the configurations, but not in the dependency
> resolution bit.
>  Does anyone know if there is any straightforward way to express this?
> If not, perhaps someone knows of an implementation of a regex
> dependency resolver?

If all you need is any revision starting with something, the + notation is
enough: 1.8+ will match any revision starting with 1.8 (starting with
understood as in a string).

If you need something more flexible, there may be a solution with
PatternVersionMatcher, but I need to check what can be done with it before.

Xavier

http://xhab.blogspot.com/
http://ant.apache.org/ivy/
http://www.xoocode.org/