Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Chris Hostetter <ho...@fucit.org> on 2011/05/03 00:55:53 UTC

Re: Indexing relations for sorting

: Every product-to-category relation has its own sorting order which we would
: like to index in solr.
: We want all products of subcat1 (no mather what the parent category is)
: ordered by their sorting order
:
: We want all products of cat2_subcat1 ordered by their sorting order

the best suggestion i can think of is to create a field per category and
use it to index the sort order for that category -- you haven't said what
type of cardinality you are dealing with in your categorization, so if
it's relatively small this should work well ... if it's unbounded it will
have some serious problems however.

: Our solr version is 1.3.0

Please, Please, Please consider upgrading when you are working on this
project of yours.  there have been too many bug fixes and performance
enhancements since then to even remotely dream of listing them all in this
email (that's what the CHANGES.txt file is for)

-Hoss