Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Dan McCullough <Mc...@rocketmail.com> on 2003/09/21 22:24:34 UTC

trouble access admin

Added the admin and manager to the tomcat-users.xml file.

went to login and this is what I got
type Status report
message Invalid direct reference to form login page
description The request sent by the client was syntactically incorrect (Invalid direct reference
to form login page).

any thoughts

=====

Re: trouble access admin

Posted by Dan McCullough <Mc...@rocketmail.com>.
Yes, after somemore digging I found that if you try and access the admin by going directly to the
admin page via favorite or something similar rather then accessing it via link you will get that
error.  I tested that by going to the favorite and trying it that way, then using the link of the
default tomcat page and was in.

=====

Re: trouble access admin

Posted by Dan McCullough <Mc...@rocketmail.com>.

=====
http://sitebuilder.yahoo.com

Re: trouble access admin

Posted by Micael <ca...@harbornet.com>.
Hi, Dan,

I assume that you tried to login with your admin or manager id and then got
the status report listed.  That indicates that the code on the page is
mistaken.  Sounds like a bug.  What version of tomcat are you talking
about?  Mine worked out of the box, so yours must be a newer version.

Micael

At 01:24 PM 9/21/2003 -0700, you wrote:
>Added the admin and manager to the tomcat-users.xml file.
>
>went to login and this is what I got
>type Status report
>message Invalid direct reference to form login page
>description The request sent by the client was syntactically incorrect
>(Invalid direct reference
>to form login page).
>
>any thoughts
>

>=====

LEGAL NOTICE

you

Re: trouble access admin

Posted by Micael <ca...@harbornet.com>.
Hi, Dan,

I assume that you tried to login with your admin or manager id and then got
the status report listed.  That indicates that the code on the page is
mistaken.  Sounds like a bug.  What version of tomcat are you talking
about?  Mine worked out of the box, so yours must be a newer version.

Micael

At 01:24 PM 9/21/2003 -0700, you wrote:
>Added the admin and manager to the tomcat-users.xml file.
>
>went to login and this is what I got
>type Status report
>message Invalid direct reference to form login page
>description The request sent by the client was syntactically incorrect
>(Invalid direct reference
>to form login page).
>
>any thoughts
>

>=====