Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Christian Geisert <ch...@isu-gmbh.de> on 2002/07/07 21:39:21 UTC

[ANNOUNCEMENT] FOP 0.20.4 released

Hi all,

the FOP team is pleased to announce the release of FOP 0.20.4

Binary and source distributions are available at:
http://xml.apache.org/dist/fop

Changes since 0.20.3 include:

- Support for background-image
- FOP should now work with any JAXP1.1 compliant parser/transformer
- The following JARs have been updated: Xerces to version 2.0.1, Xalan
   to version 2.3.1 and Batik to version 1.5beta2.
- Fop has been compiled with Jimi support
- Logging has been changed from LogKit to Avalon's Logger Interface
- New hyphenation patterns: turkish, portuguese and czech
- FOP should now work on a EBCDIC maschine
- Support for comma-separated values for the font-family property
- Russian and Czech messages for AWT Viewer
- Support for fractional font sizes
- Reload functionality for AWT Viewer
- and of course a lot of bugfixes...

For details see CHANGES file:
http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/xml-fop/CHANGES?rev=1.10.2.21

For more information about FOP see http://xml.apache.org/fop

Enjoy,
Christian

Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] FOP 0.20.4 released

Posted by Satoshi Ishigami <is...@victokai.co.jp>.
Konnichiwa Christian-san.

On Mon, 08 Jul 2002 10:04:19 +0200 , Christian Geisert wrote:

> Because the documentation generation is broken in the maintenance
> branch (stylebook needs xerces1)
> It is mentioned in the release notes ;-)
...snip...x8...snip...x8...
> > I want to get xml-docs for every release. Can I get it anywhere
> > else?
>
>  From CVS trunk (tag fop-0_20_4-doc)
> AFAIK older source release include xml-docs.

OK. I will try to checkout with its tag.

Thanks,

---
Satoshi Ishigami   VIC TOKAI CORPORATION

Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] FOP 0.20.4 released

Posted by Christian Geisert <ch...@isu-gmbh.de>.
Satoshi Ishigami schrieb:
> Konnichiwa.

> Why is not xml-docs included to src distribution?
> I thought the elimination of xml-docs to be only bin
> distribution.

Because the documentation generation is broken in the maintenance
branch (stylebook needs xerces1)
It is mentioned in the release notes ;-)

> Now I am translating the all of FOP documents into Japanese.

Cool

> I want to get xml-docs for every release. Can I get it anywhere
> else?

 From CVS trunk (tag fop-0_20_4-doc)
AFAIK older source release include xml-docs.

> BTW the ReleaseNotes.html file in root directory is
> mispointed to html-docs/relnotes.html and its information
> is still 0.20.3.

Doh, seems I copied html-docs into the root directory and not into docs
(I will upload a fixed version)

Thanks,

Posted by Satoshi Ishigami <is...@victokai.co.jp>.
Konnichiwa.

On Sun, 07 Jul 2002 21:39:21 +0200 , Christian Geisert wrote:

> the FOP team is pleased to announce the release of FOP 0.20.4
>
> Binary and source distributions are available at:
> http://xml.apache.org/dist/fop

Why is not xml-docs included to src distribution?
I thought the elimination of xml-docs to be only bin
distribution.

Now I am translating the all of FOP documents into Japanese.
I want to get xml-docs for every release. Can I get it anywhere
else?

BTW the ReleaseNotes.html file in root directory is
mispointed to html-docs/relnotes.html and its information
is still 0.20.3.

Thanks.

---
Satoshi Ishigami   VIC TOKAI CORPORATION