Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Paul Joseph <pj...@gmail.com> on 2009/03/31 14:46:14 UTC

what is causing this error

Hi there,

I upgraded to Cocoon 2.1.11 and things are fine, other than I get this
error in my Tomcat server log.

Also, my debug statements in my Flowscript do not show up in the Tomcat
log as they used to.

Any pointers would be appreciated.

thx!
Paul
----------------
(org.apache.commons.digester.Digester.sax).
Logging Error: Could not set up Cocoon Logger, will use screen instead
org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: The string "--" is not permitted within
comments.
    at
org.apache.xerces.util.ErrorHandlerWrapper.createSAXParseException(Unknown
Source)
    at org.apache.xerces.util.ErrorHandlerWrapper.fatalError(Unknown Source)
    at org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLErrorReporter.reportError(Unknown Source)
    at org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLErrorReporter.reportError(Unknown Source)
    at org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLErrorReporter.reportError(Unknown Source)
    at org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLScanner.reportFatalError(Unknown Source)
    at org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLScanner.scanComment(Unknown Source)
    at
org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.scanComment(Unknown
Source)
    at
Source)
    at
Source)
    at org.apache.xerces.jaxp.SAXParserImpl$JAXPSAXParser.parse(Unknown
Source)
    at
org.apache.avalon.framework.configuration.DefaultConfigurationBuilder.build(DefaultConfigurationBuilder.java:254)
    at
org.apache.avalon.framework.configuration.DefaultConfigurationBuilder.build(DefaultConfigurationBuilder.java:202)
    at
org.apache.cocoon.servlet.CocoonServlet.initLogger(CocoonServlet.java:849)
    at org.apache.cocoon.servlet.CocoonServlet.init(CocoonServlet.java:356)
    at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapper.loadServlet(StandardWrapper.java:1139)
    at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapper.load(StandardWrapper.java:966)
    at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.loadOnStartup(StandardContext.java:3956)
    at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.start(StandardContext.java:4230)
    at
org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.checkResources(HostConfig.java:1105)
    at org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.check(HostConfig.java:1203)
    at
org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.lifecycleEvent(HostConfig.java:293)
    at
org.apache.catalina.util.LifecycleSupport.fireLifecycleEvent(LifecycleSupport.java:120)
    at
org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.backgroundProcess(ContainerBase.java:1306)
    at
org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase$ContainerBackgroundProcessor.processChildren(ContainerBase.java:1570)
    at
org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase$ContainerBackgroundProcessor.processChildren(ContainerBase.java:1579)
    at
org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase$ContainerBackgroundProcessor.run(ContainerBase.java:1559)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

Re: what is causing this error

Posted by Paul Joseph <pj...@gmail.com>.
Hi Thomas,

You were exactly right--the error was in logkit.xconf.  Many thanks!

Sincerely
Paul

Posted by Thomas Markus <t....@proventis.net>.
hi,

Posted by Paul Joseph <pj...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Thomas Markus <t....@proventis.net>.
hi,

you have a '--' inside a comment

this is not valid. fi:
<!--  some -- test -->
raises this exception

regards
Thomas

Paul Joseph schrieb:
> [...]
>
>    at org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.check(HostConfig.java:1203)
>    at
> org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.lifecycleEvent(HostConfig.java:293)
>
>    at
> org.apache.catalina.util.LifecycleSupport.fireLifecycleEvent(LifecycleSupport.java:120)
>
>    at
> org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.backgroundProcess(ContainerBase.java:1306)
>
>    at
> org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase$ContainerBackgroundProcessor.processChildren(ContainerBase.java:1570)
>
>    at
> org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase$ContainerBackgroundProcessor.processChildren(ContainerBase.java:1579)
>
>    at
> org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase$ContainerBackgroundProcessor.run(ContainerBase.java:1559)

Thomas Markus

proventis GmbH | Zimmerstr. 79-81 | D-10117 Berlin |
Tel +49 (0)30 2936399-22 | Fax -50 | t.markus@proventis.net
Geschäftsführer: Norman Frischmuth | Sitz: Berlin
Handelsregister: AG Berlin-Charlottenburg, HR 82917