Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Ivano Luberti <lu...@archicoop.it> on 2009/08/12 18:17:35 UTC

vaadin and GWT

I'm reading a lot about this "new" framework called Vaadin, which looks
quite similar to GWT. I have used neither of them and only read and
looked at some example.
I have tried to find some comparison matrix wich listed tapestry and
those one and found only this one, that is not really  useful:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_web_application_frameworks

Anyone in this list has some knowledge of Vaadin and is able to make
some comparison with Tapestry ? Are they in some way orthogonal and
hence integrable ?

dott. Ivano Mario Luberti
Sede Operativa
Via Gereschi 36 - 56126- Pisa
tel.: +39-050- 580959
tel/fax: +39-050-9711344
web: www.archicoop.it

Re: vaadin and GWT

Posted by "Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo" <th...@gmail.com>.
Em Wed, 12 Aug 2009 13:17:35 -0300, Ivano Luberti <lu...@archicoop.it>
escreveu:

> I'm reading a lot about this "new" framework called Vaadin, which looks
> quite similar to GWT. I have used neither of them and only read and
> looked at some example.

Reading their FAQ, it seems to me that Vaadin is more similar to Echo2
than GWT: "GWT applications run in the browser while Vaadin applications
run on the server. We do actually use GWT as a 'rendering engine' on the
browser side so you can combine Vaadin and GWT." Echo2 code is very
Swing-like and you don't write HTML nor JavaScript, just as Vaadin.

--
Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo
http://www.arsmachina.com.br/thiago