Posted to muse-user@ws.apache.org by "Vinh Nguyen (vinguye2)" <vi...@cisco.com> on 2006/11/15 09:55:26 UTC

use-router-persistence attribute

Can someone clarify the use of the "use-router-persistence" attribute
for the <router-type/> element in muse.xml?  The online reference manual
is a bit unclear.  I'd like to know when I would set the value to true
or false, and how it relates to file-based and non-filebased resource
persistence.

I am finding that if I have a file in the "router-entries" directory for
a resource, that the app always initializes the resource, even if this
attribute is set to false.  Am I interpretting the purpose of this
attribute incorrectly?
-Vinh

Re: use-router-persistence attribute

Posted by Daniel Jemiolo <da...@us.ibm.com>.
The 'use-router-persistence' attribute provides opt-in persistence of
resource EPRs. That way, not all resources have to be persisted if they
don't need to be (for example, you might create service group entries
dynamically at startup and not need to persist those EPRs). So, you
specify *how* persistence is done with the <persistence/> element under
<router/>, and then you mark which resource types are participating with
the attribute on <resource-type/>. Setting the value to 'true' is done
when you have resources whose existence is not kept in some other data
store and you need to recreate the exact same EPRs across server reboots.
Good examples are a factory resource that is responsible for creating
other ws-resources, a service group(s) that acts as a directory for your
ws-resources, and WS-N subscriptions.

Just to clarify - you are trying to put the attribute on the
<resource-type/> elements, not <router/>, right?

"Vinh Nguyen \(vinguye2\)" <vi...@cisco.com> wrote on 11/15/2006
03:55:26 AM: