Posted to users@cloudstack.apache.org by Andrija Panic <an...@gmail.com> on 2015/07/01 12:11:29 UTC

Timezone for snapshot policy ACS 4.3.2 - wrong interpretation or not

Hi,

can anyone shed some light on the problem I see with time zones while
creating scheduled snapshot policies...

Im creating scheduled snapshot for 1 volume, I keep 1 last snapshot, I set
timezone to i.e. Europe/Zurich, scheduled to run at 1AM after midnight.

After I check DB, in cloud.snapshot_policy table I see policy created fine
But in cloud.snasphot_schedule - I see time set to TODAY 23H, instead of
tomorow 1AM as per the policy.

Time now (as I'm typing this) :) is 13h/1PM - so normally I expect next
daily snapshot to happen tomorow after midnight 1AM.

Am I doing something wrong here, or is my understanding of zones wrong for
some reason ?

Timezone on the management server/OS is CEST as we speak, reflecting reall
time on our timezone...

Andrija Panić