Posted to solr-dev@lucene.apache.org by Alexander Saar <al...@mindquarry.com> on 2006/12/08 15:20:15 UTC

System Properties for Configuration

Hello,
I patched org.apache.solr.core.Config in order to allow references to
system properties within the Solr config file (like {$prop.name}).

I think is will be helpful when somebody downloads Solr as a WAR archive
and just want to put it into a servelt container without extracting it
and changing the config file by hand.

If anybody else wants to have this, I'll supply the according patch to
the JIRA.

Regars,
Alex

--
Alexander Saar
Mindquarry - achieving more together (http://www.mindquarry.com)

E-Mail: alexander.saar@mindquarry.com | Mindquarry GmbH
Work:   +49 331 97992 223             | August-Bebel-Str. 88
Mobile: +49 177 59 85 437             | 14482 Potsdam, Germany

Weblog:         http://alexsaar.blogspot.com/
OpenBC Profile: http://www.openbc.com/hp/Alexander_Saar/

Re: System Properties for Configuration

Posted by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org>.
On 12/8/06, Alexander Saar <al...@mindquarry.com> wrote:

> ...If anybody else wants to have this, I'll supply the according patch to
> the JIRA...

Please do!
-Bertrand

Re: System Properties for Configuration

Posted by Chris Hostetter <ho...@fucit.org>.
: I patched org.apache.solr.core.Config in order to allow references to
: system properties within the Solr config file (like {$prop.name}).

This sounds useful to me, but i'm confused by this statement...

: I think is will be helpful when somebody downloads Solr as a WAR archive
: and just want to put it into a servelt container without extracting it
: and changing the config file by hand.

The solr.war doesn't need to be manually extrated to change the
solrconfig.xml (or hte schema.xml) because they don't live i nteh war
itself ... so i think i must be missing something about your motivation
for this change.

-Hoss