Posted to dev@nifi.apache.org by Sivaprasanna <si...@gmail.com> on 2018/06/20 16:48:52 UTC

Adding new data anonymization processor bundle

With data becoming more critical and substantial to business development,
new stringent regulations & law are getting introduced (GDPR being a recent
example), I've been spending some time lately doing research on data
anonymization and after some hefty thinking, I finally decided to go ahead
with the creation of new processor bundle that has processors like
'AnonymizeRecord', 'DeanonymizeRecord' (not quite sure about the name
though). Following are my questions:

   - What do you guys think about these proposed processors?
   - If the processors are okay to be introduced, are they "standard"
   enough to get them added to our 'nifi-standard-bundles' module or is it
   better to keep it separated much like others like AWS, Azure bundles, etc.

Having said this, I'm very much in the beginning phase with my research and
development efforts so all your inputs & feedback on this one are greatly
appreciated.

Thanks.

-
Sivaprasanna

Re: Adding new data anonymization processor bundle

Posted by Mike Thomsen <mi...@gmail.com>.
Andy,

You raise a great point about considering the provenance. Unless there's a
way to exclude attributes from provenance tracking, I think we'd need to
force the issue by not allowing attributes to be an input source for
expression language. That's the only way to kinda force people to think
"hey, I shouldn't put this here." In my opinion, that's not really
something we should allow given the ramifications of people using the
feature without reading up on the relevant documentation.

Posted by Andy LoPresto <al...@gmail.com>.
Sivaprasanna,

Posted by Sivaprasanna <si...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Matt Burgess <ma...@apache.org>.