Posted to user@nutch.apache.org by vanderkerkoff <mj...@glam.ac.uk> on 2008/06/12 16:34:07 UTC

What set's the language of the results page?

Hello everyone

I've got an installed nutch server scanning some internal websites,
everything has been hunky dorey.

All of a sudden the language of the results page has changed to spanish?

In the form that sends to the search page we're using this format.

type="hidden" name="lang" value="en" /></div>

Where else could the results language be being set?

Any help greatly appreciated.

Re: What set's the language of the results page?

Posted by vanderkerkoff <mj...@glam.ac.uk>.
Hi Otis

Thanks for getting back to me.

I had checked the language settings, they were all as they were supposed to
be.

I deleted the crawl folder, reran the crawl, restarted tomcat and it was all
back to English results.

I'm completely at a loss as to why it happened, but I'm keeping my eye on
it.

If anyone has any other ideas as to what could have caused my search results
to suddenly be coming back in a different language setting I'm all ears.

thanks again Otis

I haven't looked at how language stuff works in Nutch recently, but in
general, the first thing I'd suspect is your browser's language setting (I'm
assuming Nutch webapp looks at Accept-language HTTP request header).  So
check your browser's preferences first.

Otis