Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Sylvain Wallez <sy...@apache.org> on 2003/10/24 15:54:40 UTC

Tooltips in Woody

Hi all,

I just added tooltip support in Woody (needed that quickly for my
project). For this, you just need to add a <wd:hint> in the widget
definition.

Example (from the updated "Various" sample):
  <wd:booleanfield id="somebool">
    <wd:hint>Yes, you can click!</wd:hint>
  </wd:booleanfield>

The styling stylesheets put this hint into a "title" attribute on the
various inputs. However, I encountered some difficulties with IE: this
attribute is not displayed on dropdown menus and lists (i.e. the
<select> element) whereas Mozilla displays it cleanly. Any hint on this?

I also made provision for a <wd:help> element meant to produce a more
detailed help using a popup window. But the corresponding styling is not
yet implemented.

Enjoy,
Sylvain