Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Jeff Bowes <bo...@ucalgary.ca> on 2007/11/02 19:32:06 UTC

Redirect a form

We are currently using Struts 1.2.7.

In our application if a user attempts to access an interface that they
need to be logged into to use but are not currently logged in they are
redirected to a login interface.  The url for the original interface
they were trying to access is passed as a  parameter in the URL for the
login interface.  If the login is successful they are redirected to the
original interface they were trying to access.   This works great for
straight links and form submissions done with the get method.

However, in some cases we would like to allow a form submitted (by the
post method) to be redirected to the login interface and than redirect
back to the action that processes it after a succesful login. My
question is: in Struts is there a way to pass the parameter values that
got submitted via the form submit to an action that you forward to with
redirect set to true.

Thanks,

Jeff Bowes

--
Jeff Bowes M.Sc.
DBA/Technical Architect, Xenbase

Re: Redirect a form

Posted by Paul Benedict <pb...@apache.org>.
I refer you to the Acegi Security project which does this. They have a
SavedRequest class which contains a copy of the request parameters and such
of the original request. This object is stored in the session. When the
login succeeds, the SavedRequest is then extracted into a new request object
and passed down the chain. It works really well.

Paul