Posted to dev@cxf.apache.org by Polar Humenn <ph...@iona.com> on 2007/03/12 17:30:39 UTC

http alternateConnectionFactory

It seems that the "alternateConnectionFactory" is used to override the
HTTPTransportFactory, getConnectionFactory(config.getSslClient()) when a
"connectionFactory" element is supplied in a particular HTTPConduit
constructor.

However, I don't see a pertinent use for this particular constructor
anywhere. Is the alternateConnectionFactory variable a historical item
in which its need has possibly been transcended?

Cheers,
-Polar

RE: http alternateConnectionFactory

Posted by "Glynn, Eoghan" <eo...@iona.com>.

This is used for unit testing, so as to replace the real
URLConnectionFactory with a mocked up version.

Similarly for the alternate ServerEngine on the JettyHTTPDestination.

/Eoghan