Posted to user@mahout.apache.org by joshuathree <go...@hotmail.com> on 2012/11/13 10:37:42 UTC

Introduction to Apache Mahout K-means clustering

I am trying to cluster a sparse matrix with using K-means algorithm. I will
use Apache mahout but I did not find any example about how can it be
implement with Java. Is there any tutorial or function javadoc about it?

I have tried KmeansDriver's run() function but I did not give true
parameters. Trustly, I did not understand implementation of this function.
Is there a clear example about that which takes a matrix, dataset or file
and gives clustered data?

Re: Introduction to Apache Mahout K-means clustering

Posted by Jeff Eastman <jd...@windwardsolutions.com>.
See the response "Re: Clustering without hadoop" by Johannes Schulte two
postings earlier than yours on user@m.a.o. The driver functions can also
be run in sequential mode from a local file system and do not require
Hadoop. There are several examples of Java invocation in the unit tests.
TestClusterEvaluator.testKmeans() uses sequential execution from points
written to a local file.