Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Joe Barrett <jn...@charter.net> on 2003/02/19 17:11:25 UTC

[users@httpd] Ads

    This is kinda an apache question  : )
Ever since I subscribed to this mailing list I've been getting like 10
emails wanting to sell me something.  Are those from this mailing list?  And
is there a way I can stop recieving them, or do I just have to deal with
them?
    Ben Barrett

Re: [users@httpd] Ads

Posted by Chris Taylor <ch...@x-bb.org>.
Whoops, sorry about that, didn't pay attention.

Anyway, can't say that I've suffered from much spam, and I've been posting
on this list for several months. I think I'd rather just assassinate the
spammers directly as well.... ;)

Chris Taylor - chris@x-bb.org - The guy with the PS2 WebServer -
http://www.x-bb.org/chris.asc

Posted by "John K. Sterling" <jo...@sterls.com>.

Re: [users@httpd] Ads

Re: [users@httpd] Ads

Posted by Joshua Slive <jo...@slive.ca>.
On Wed, 19 Feb 2003, Joe Barrett wrote:

>     This is kinda an apache question  : )
> Ever since I subscribed to this mailing list I've been getting like 10
> emails wanting to sell me something.  Are those from this mailing list?  And
> is there a way I can stop recieving them, or do I just have to deal with
> them?

No, they are not from the mailing list.  It is possible that they are a
result of someone scraping addresses from a list archive.  But that would
only be the case if you have posted to the list; it can't happen just from
subscribing.  More likely it is just a coincidence that your spam problem
started at the same time as subscribing to the list.

For ways of dealing with spam, I suggest some strategic google searching.
You will find many many suggestions.

Joshua.