Posted to dev@harmony.apache.org by Andrew Cornwall <an...@gmail.com> on 2007/12/18 23:37:02 UTC

[tools] What do you use for building .class files?

Part of the work I'm doing requires me to build .class files in order to
test them. I'm probably not the first person to have to do this - what do
other people use? I've seen Jasmin (http://jasmin.sourceforge.net/) - are
there any other Java bytecode assemblers that are preferred for use with
Harmony? Is there a plan for jasm-like technology from Harmony itself?

Thanks in advance for your opinions...

     Andrew Jr.

Re: [tools] What do you use for building .class files?

Posted by Pavel Pervov <pm...@gmail.com>.
Andrew,

If you talk about java assembler, buildtest contains assembler/disassembler
called vmtt. It is written in Java and is located in
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/harmony/enhanced/buildtest/branches/2.0/tests/tools/vmtt/

AFAIK, it can handle class files up to version 49 (Java5).

Pavel.

--
Pavel Pervov,

Re: [tools] What do you use for building .class files?

Posted by Andrew Cornwall <an...@gmail.com>.
Thanks, I think that's exactly what I was looking for!

Posted by Pavel Pervov <pm...@gmail.com>.

--
Pavel Pervov,