Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Ross Allard <Ro...@sas.com> on 2001/09/05 14:45:02 UTC

Tomcat URL Problem

We have a tool which generates a website which, as usual, consists of a directory tree of html and other files.  Our file naming convention makes heavy use of the plus sign, +, as a separator.  E.g. "file0+1", "file1+2".  This apparently causes an error when deployed on Tomcat.  The plus sign seems to be mapped to space resulting in a 404 error.  It is our understanding that our naming scheme is fully w3c compliant and we've had no problems with other html servers.  Is this a Tomcat bug?

Any help would be appreciated.

Regards,

Ross Allard
Sas Institute