Posted to ddlutils-user@db.apache.org by Thomas Dudziak <to...@gmail.com> on 2006/02/16 13:43:17 UTC

Re: readModelFromDatabase(string) no javadoc entry with string parame ter

On 2/16/06, Christian.Eugster@kost.admin.ch
<Ch...@kost.admin.ch> wrote:

> I tried to read the model from a database using the platforms
> readModelFromDatabase() method. This method seems to need a single string
> parameter the meaning of which is unknown to me. Has anybody a suggestion
> what kind of parameter it is? In javadoc I could not find this method with a
> single string parameter.

Yes, the site does not reflect the current source, but I really don't
want to update the site every other day. You can generate the current
Javadoc for yourself using

ant javadoc

To answer your question: the string parameter specifies the name of
the read model. Usually, you'd use the name of the read database (e.g.
for PostgreSQL, MySQL) or the schema name (for Oracle, Db2) for this.

Tom

Re: readModelFromDatabase(string) no javadoc entry with string parame ter

Posted by Laurent Sacaut <ls...@8d.com>.
I started with readModelFromDatabase() and it got broken when I upgraded
ddlutils after Jan 1st.

I now use the method readFromDatabase(String) passing the platform name
as the string. It seems to be working fine with MySQL.

 public Database readDatabase(DataSource dataSource)
    {
        Platform platform =
PlatformFactory.createNewPlatformInstance(dataSource);

       return platform.readModelFromDatabase(platform.getName());
    }

Laurent