Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by Fernando Wermus <fe...@gmail.com> on 2008/02/04 20:20:02 UTC

The type wicket.Component cannot be resolved. It is indirectly referenced The type wicket.Component cannot be resolved. It is indirectly referenced from required .class files

Hi all!
        I got this error message from Eclipse when I download DataPicker
library and append the following line to the code,

        DateTextField bornDate=new DateTextField("player");
        bornDate.add(new DatePicker());

It seems to be a problem with Eclipse according to google, instead of
Wicket. But I couldn't solve it.
Does anyone happend this before?

Thanks!
--
Fernando Wermus.

Re: The type wicket.Component cannot be resolved. It is indirectly referenced The type wicket.Component cannot be resolved. It is indirectly referenced from required .class files

Posted by Igor Vaynberg <ig...@gmail.com>.
datepicker is in wicket-datetime.jar

-igor

Posted by Fernando Wermus <fe...@gmail.com>.
Timo,

Posted by Timo Rantalaiho <Ti...@ri.fi>.

Posted by Fernando Wermus <fe...@gmail.com>.
Some people agree on that the problem is because of dependences and my
proyect is not 'mavenized'. However, I looked at /lib in the downloaded zip
file and I have all the dependences except wicket 1.2.3 (I am using 1.3).

The only two are,

commons-logging-1.0.4 and log4j-1.2.13

Any other suggestion?

Posted by Martin Funk <ma...@googlemail.com>.

Posted by Fernando Wermus <fe...@gmail.com>.
Martjin,
       I've attached it. I got the problem when I add the DataPicker to the
DateTextField; without the DataPicker, it works.

Fernando.

Posted by Martijn Dashorst <ma...@gmail.com>.