Posted to user@geronimo.apache.org by "Torsten Schlabach (Tascel eG)" <ts...@tascel.net> on 2008/10/21 19:26:01 UTC

Wrong DEFAULT_IMAP_PORT in the Geronimo JavaMail 1.4 provider?

Hi all!

I was just hunting a bug and came along this here:

https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/geronimo/javamail/trunk/geronimo-javamail_1.4/geronimo-javamail_1.4_provider/src/main/java/org/apache/geronimo/javamail/store/imap/IMAPStore.java

public class IMAPStore extends Store implements QuotaAwareStore,
IMAPUntaggedResponseHandler {
     // the default connection ports for secure and non-secure variations
     protected static final int DEFAULT_IMAP_PORT = 119;
     protected static final int DEFAULT_IMAP_SSL_PORT = 993;

I thought the default port for IMAP was 143?

Is this a bug? If yes, where should I report it, i.e. to which of the
JIRAs listed here:

http://geronimo.apache.org/found-a-bug.html

Regards,
Torsten

Re: Wrong DEFAULT_IMAP_PORT in the Geronimo JavaMail 1.4 provider?

Posted by "Torsten Schlabach (Tascel eG)" <ts...@tascel.net>.
Done:

Posted by Rick McGuire <ri...@gmail.com>.