Posted to docs@cocoon.apache.org by Steven Noels <st...@outerthought.org> on 2003/06/24 16:28:39 UTC

inventive Wiki/ASF brand abuse [was: Re: [WIKI-UPDATE] XSLT Tue Jun 24 16:00:02 2003]

On 24/06/2003 16:00 stevenn@outerthought.org wrote:

> Page: http://wiki.cocoondev.org/Wiki.jsp?page=XSLT , version: 10 on Tue Jun 24 13:30:21 2003 by StevenNoels
>
> - and [XSLT FAQ|http://www.apache-stuff.com/xlst.html]

fyi - I banned 81.226.132.213 (Telia customer from Sweden) from
accessing the Cocoon Wiki. If you carefully read
http://www.apache-stuff.com/xlst.html and all the other pages, you'll
understand why.

Board/Infrastructure, http://www.apache-stuff.com/xlst.html is abusing
the Apache brand in a (to me) ingenious way: he links from the Cocoon
Wiki to his own site, which carries seemingly normal text, interspersed
with porn links. That way, since I assume the Wiki has a good Google
rating, he hopes an incoming link from the Wiki will increase his own
Google relevancy rate, and coincidently also the porn sites he's linking to.

Or that's at least my analysis.

Whois record of apache-stuff.com:

Registrant:
  Sjogurkorna
  Esteragan 123
  Ully, p 451 98
  CH
  +51545478784
  Aztaz, Sjogurka
  sjogurka@yahoo.com

  NS.RACKSPACE.COM	207.235.16.2
  NS2.RACKSPACE.COM	207.71.44.121

He is doing the same thing with pythoninfo.com and css-stuff.com

</Steven>
stevenn at outerthought.org                stevenn at apache.org

Re: inventive Wiki/ASF brand abuse [was: Re: [WIKI-UPDATE] XSLT Tue Jun 24 16:00:02 2003]

Posted by Geoff Howard <co...@leverageweb.com>.
<joking>don't we have someone in sweden who could go "talk" to him...</joking>

Posted by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@codeconsult.ch>.
Le Mardi, 24 juin 2003, à 16:28 Europe/Zurich, Steven Noels a écrit :

> On 24/06/2003 16:00 stevenn@outerthought.org wrote:
>
>> Page: http://wiki.cocoondev.org/Wiki.jsp?page=XSLT , version: 10 on
>> Tue Jun 24 13:30:21 2003 by StevenNoels
>> - and [XSLT FAQ|http://www.apache-stuff.com/xlst.html]
>
> fyi - I banned 81.226.132.213 (Telia customer from Sweden) from
> accessing the Cocoon Wiki. If you carefully read
> http://www.apache-stuff.com/xlst.html and all the other pages, you'll
> understand why.

Thanks Steven - I have also removed a link on the Tutorials page, now
searching "apache-stuff" on the wiki returns nothing.

> Board/Infrastructure, http://www.apache-stuff.com/xlst.html is abusing
> the Apache brand in a (to me) ingenious way: he links from the Cocoon
> Wiki to his own site, which carries seemingly normal text,
> interspersed with porn links....

oh my...

-Bertrand