Posted to dev@tuscany.apache.org by Simon Laws <si...@googlemail.com> on 2011/10/10 10:28:32 UTC

Re: svn commit: r1180780 - in /tuscany/sca-java-2.x/trunk: distribution/all/src/main/release/bin/ modules/binding-jsonrpc-runtime/ modules/binding-jsonrpc-runtime/META-INF/ modules/binding-jsonrpc-runtime/src/main/java/org/apache/tuscany/sca/binding/

On Mon, Oct 10, 2011 at 6:01 AM,  <rf...@apache.org> wrote:
> Author: rfeng
> Date: Mon Oct 10 05:01:04 2011
> New Revision: 1180780

> Log:
> Use home-grown JSONRPC implementation

...snip

Hi Raymond

Just interested. What made you build a home grown version? Was is 2.0
support that tipped the balance?

Regards

Simon

Posted by Simon Laws <si...@googlemail.com>.
On Mon, Oct 10, 2011 at 6:37 PM, Raymond Feng <en...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
> Before the changes, we use jabsorb as the jsonrpc 1.0 implementation. I
> decided to use a home grown for number of reasons:
> 1) The jsonrpc protocol is simple enough. I'm trying to avoid the dependency
> to a non-active 3rd party project
> 2) I'm trying to leverage Jackson to improve performance
> 3) I want to use JSONRPC 2.0 at some point for binding.sca remoting
> 4) I want to try gzip encoding for some situations
> Thanks,
> Raymond

OK interesting Raymond. JSONRPC as an alternative delegate for
binding.sca sounds good.

Simon

Posted by Raymond Feng <en...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Before the changes, we use jabsorb as the jsonrpc 1.0 implementation. I decided to use a home grown for number of reasons:

1) The jsonrpc protocol is simple enough. I'm trying to avoid the dependency to a non-active 3rd party project
2) I'm trying to leverage Jackson to improve performance
3) I want to use JSONRPC 2.0 at some point for binding.sca remoting
4) I want to try gzip encoding for some situations

Thanks,
Raymond
Raymond Feng
rfeng@apache.org
Apache Software Foundation Member
Apache Tuscany PMC member and committer: tuscany.apache.org
Co-author of Tuscany SCA In Action book: www.tuscanyinaction.com
Personal Web Site: www.enjoyjava.com