Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by An...@mPower.com on 2000/09/30 18:25:23 UTC

Re: XSP bug with new line characters?

that's the same problem I'm having, any way around that is/will there be a
fix?

Anthony Ettinger
Sr. Web Developer
415-875-8936
ettinger@mpower.com
http://www.401kafe.com
http://www.irajunction.com

sudhi <su...@insage.com>
08/30/00 09:24 AM
Please respond to cocoon-users

        To:     cocoon-users@xml.apache.org
        cc:
        Subject:        Re: XSP bug with new line characters?

Hi,
I did. Cocoon don't like new lines, tabs between <xsp:attribute>

I have to give whole <xsp:attribute>...</xsp:attribute> in one line.

~S

Re: creating files with FP taglib ...???

Posted by Jeremy Quinn <je...@media.demon.co.uk>.
At 10:11 -0400 28/09/00, Sebastián Castro M. wrote:
>Hi ...
>
>How can you create an XML  file from scratch using FP taglib ???
>
>salu2
>
>Seba.

You cannot do this yet.
It is something that I am thinking of adding.

But while it is easy enough to write DOM manipulation code for mucking
around with the ROOT up, I have not got my head around how to allow the
user to set up all of the parts of an XML Document outside of the ROOT.

regards Jeremy

                                                       webSpace Design
                                            HyperMedia Research Centre

   <ma...@mac.com>     		 <http://www.media.demon.co.uk>
    <phone:+44.[0].20.7737.6831>        <pa...@sms.genie.co.uk>

creating files with FP taglib ...???

Posted by "Sebastián Castro M." <sc...@ci.cl>.
Hi ...

Posted by Ricardo Rocha <ri...@apache.org>.
Anthony.Ettinger@mPower.com wrote:

> that's the same problem I'm having, any way around that is/will there
> be a fix?

This is not a bug: it's a feature. Whitespace is always preserved
in <xsp:attribute>.

We don't want the XSP processor to arbitrarily suppress potentially
valid whitespace inside your attribute values. Check <xsl:attribute>
behavior in XSLT.

If (when generating attribute values via <xsp:expr>) you want to indent
your XSP markup for readability, use the following form:

  <xsp:attribute name="img"><xsp:expr>
    baseDirectory + "/img/" + iconName + ".gif"
  </xsp:expr></xsp:attribute>

Note here that whitespace is not significant inside <xsp:expr>
so you can indent as appropriate.