Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by Mark Hobson <ma...@gmail.com> on 2012/11/06 23:34:17 UTC

Deploying maven-scm site

Hi,

I'm trying to deploy the maven-scm-1.8.1 site but am getting prompted
for a password for every module.

As per [1] my settings.xml contains:

    <server>
       <id>apache.website</id>
       <username>markh</username>
       <privateKey>${user.home}/.ssh/id_rsa</privateKey>
    </server>

I'm running Maven 3.0.4 under Cygwin with the following from [2]:

    mvn site-deploy -Preporting -DstagingRepositoryId=apache.website

Which prompts me for a password as follows:

    [INFO] --- maven-site-plugin:3.1:deploy (default-deploy) @ maven-scm ---
    [INFO] Parent project loaded from repository:
org.apache.maven:maven-parent:pom:22
    [INFO] Parent project loaded from repository: org.apache:apache:pom:11
    [INFO] Parent project loaded from repository:
org.apache.maven:maven-parent:pom:22
    [INFO] Parent project loaded from repository: org.apache:apache:pom:11
    Using private key: C:\Users\mark\.ssh\id_rsa
    Password:

Any idea what I'm missing?

Thanks,

Mark

[1] http://www.apache.org/dev/publishing-maven-artifacts.html#dev-env
[2] http://maven.apache.org/developers/release/maven-shared-release.html

Re: Deploying maven-scm site

Posted by Benson Margulies <bi...@gmail.com>.
the ssh command. However, if the ssh command is succeeding, I'm puzzled.

Re: Deploying maven-scm site

Posted by Mark Hobson <ma...@gmail.com>.
Goodness, I've just tried adding <passphrase> to settings.xml and so
far it seems to be happily scp'ing autonomously.  I'm sure I tried
this the other night..

Thanks for listening,

Mark

Re: Deploying maven-scm site