Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Niran Fajemisin <af...@yahoo.com> on 2012/06/21 18:42:35 UTC

Solr 4.0 with Near Real Time and Faceted Search in Replicated topology

Hi all,

We're thinking of moving forward with Solr 4.0 and we plan to have a master index server and at least two slaves servers. The Master server will be used primarily for indexing and the queries will be load balanced across to the replicated slave servers. I would like to know if, with the current support for Near Real Time search in 4.0, there's support for Faceted Search. Keeping in mind that the searches will be performed against the Slave servers and not the Master (indexing) server.

If it's not supported, will we need to use SolrCloud to gain the benefits of Near Real Time search when performing Faceted Searches?

Thanks all!

Re: Solr 4.0 with Near Real Time and Faceted Search in Replicated topology

Posted by Mark Miller <ma...@gmail.com>.
Solrcloud won't change anything for you.

Performance will depend as always. If the std faceting methods are too slow (really fast reopening can limit the use of caches), there is a faceting method that works per segment I'm told.  That may help a lot in some cases. There are trade offs, so you want to test and experiment.

--
Mark Miller