Posted to dev@taverna.apache.org by Dmitry <re...@list.ru> on 2015/07/21 12:48:35 UTC

Galaxy Gears poster

Hello everybody,

I just uploaded the Galaxy Gears poster I presented in May here in
Barcelona.
http://f1000research.com/posters/4-263

Cheers,

Dmitry

Re: Galaxy Gears poster

Posted by Dmitry <re...@list.ru>.
Hello Stian,

Honestly I am a little bit scared trying to read CWL... :-)

"wsdl-generic" is a branch where splitters were substituted with XML
tree structure based on XML Schema.
This can be seen as "advanced" splitters that preserve XML Schema
definitions (Apache XML Schema 2.1).
Technically, the API is based on Swing TreeNode API, but is generalized.
I have a Swing API to manage the tree.

Each node may serialize/deserialize itself based on original XML Schema
definition (the must) and possible XML node (for deserialization).

XPath are very DUMB - each node may generate the XPath reference. There
is no any real XPath analyzer - the matching is done as a
String.equals(). That is OK when the XPath is generated by the same tool
(like Galaxy Gears).

> ... would the XML inputs/outputs be too complex to use manually
The main problem is that there is no way to provide the reference to the
XSD component, so the reference is to the XML node.
XPaths may be very large, because there is no good way to represent
namespaces.
Probably it would be better represented using XPointers, not sure.

There is no need to use the command line, it is OK for Galaxy tools that
are basically command line wrappers.
The invoker is a usual Taverna's invoker based on JAX-WS (with the same
API, I think).

Dmitry

Re: Galaxy Gears poster

Posted by Stian Soiland-Reyes <st...@apache.org>.