Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by sonali <so...@cybage.com> on 2010/05/27 16:22:02 UTC

Regading Benchmark test for Hadoop

Hi,

    I am running Benchmarks for Testing performance of Hadoop cluster, I
need to know if there are any tests that are crucial or most widely used?

regards
Sonali Gavhane

"Legal Disclaimer: This electronic message and all contents contain information from Cybage Software Private Limited which may be privileged, confidential, or otherwise protected from disclosure. The information is intended to be for the addressee(s) only. If you are not an addressee, any disclosure, copy, distribution, or use of the contents of this message is strictly prohibited. If you have received this electronic message in error please notify the sender by reply e-mail to and destroy the original message and all copies. Cybage has taken every reasonable precaution to minimize the risk of malicious content in the mail, but is not liable for any damage you may sustain as a result of any malicious content in this e-mail. You should carry out your own malicious content checks before opening the e-mail or attachment."
www.cybage.com

Regarding Benchmark test for Hadoop

Posted by sonali <so...@cybage.com>.
Hi,
>    I am running Benchmarks for Testing performance of Hadoop cluster,
>    i am getting following error while executing the
> *DistributedFSCheck** in hadoop-test.jar*
synatx i am using is : uhadoop@yogeshk-u:/usr/local/hadoop$ bin/hadoop
jar /usr/local/hadoop/hadoop-0.20.2-test.jar
                                   DistributedFSCheck -write -nrFiles 1
-fileSize 10 -bufferSize 20

      Error  :

          java.lang.StringIndexOutOfBoundsException: String index out of
range: -1
                                       at
java.lang.String.substring(String.java:1937)
                                       at
org.apache.hadoop.fs.DistributedFSCheck.analyzeResult(DistributedFSCheck.java:301)
                                       at
org.apache.hadoop.fs.DistributedFSCheck.main(DistributedFSCheck.java:247)
                                       at
sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
                                       at
                                       at
                                       at
                                       at
org.apache.hadoop.util.ProgramDriver$ProgramDescription.invoke(ProgramDriver.java:68)
                                       at
org.apache.hadoop.util.ProgramDriver.driver(ProgramDriver.java:139)
                                       at
org.apache.hadoop.test.AllTestDriver.main(AllTestDriver.java:81)
                                       at
sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
                                       at
                                       at
                                       at
                                       at
org.apache.hadoop.util.RunJar.main(RunJar.java:156)

       Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks and regards,

Re: Regading Benchmark test for Hadoop

Posted by Josh Patterson <jo...@cloudera.com>.
Hey Sonali,

A good start is Terrasort:

# generate 10m records
hadoop jar $HADOOP_HOME/hadoop-*-examples.jar teragen 10000000 input-dir

# run terasort
hadoop jar $HADOOP_HOME/hadoop-*-examples.jar terasort input-dir output-dir

Which will push your setup some. Its not a complete test, but its a good
first test!

Josh Patterson

Solutions Architect

Cloudera

Posted by sonali <so...@cybage.com>.
Hi,
>    I am running Benchmarks for Testing performance of Hadoop cluster,
>    i am getting following error while executing the *DFSCIOTest in
> hadoop-test.jar*
           *** File /usr/local/hadoop/libhdfs/libhdfs.so.1 does not exist

Posted by sonali <so...@cybage.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Josh Patterson <jo...@cloudera.com>.
Hey Sonali,