Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Carlos Alberto Peláez Ayala <ca...@uao.edu.co> on 2006/04/17 22:33:31 UTC

Building tomcat 5.5.16

Hi,

I try to build the tomcat 5.5.16 in a Solaris 9 server, with ant 1.6.5 and jdk1.5.0_02. Set my ANT_HOME and JAVA_HOME environment variables. But when I try to execute the "ant" command, appears this Exception:

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/tools/ant/launch/Launcher

Thanks for your help.

Carlos Alberto.

Re: Building tomcat 5.5.16

Posted by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>.
Carlos Alberto Peláez Ayala wrote:
> Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/tools/ant/launch/Launcher

This is a problem with your Ant environment, not Tomcat. Try Googling
for this exception and/or the Ant users list.

Mark