Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Yehuda Katz <ye...@ymkatz.net> on 2015/07/12 21:02:22 UTC

Documentation: Chrome breaks localhost resolution

I had several people contact me recently about broken Apache installation
where the issue was actually with Chrome (I think starting with 43).
When a system has IP-based vhosts on 127.0.0.0/8 besides 127.0.0.1 and uses
the hostname anything.localhost, Chrome will no longer load those pages.
This is their change:

This is not an HTTPD-specific issue, but I could see it being included
either in the documentation or as a startup warning if there are vhosts
ending in .localhost.
Before I start writing/coding, I was wondering whether others think it is
worth it?

- Y