Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Euroka <ba...@gmail.com> on 2007/08/22 13:03:40 UTC

dropping spamHi

Hello all!

Im using Postfix as MTA and use the procmailrc script in each $HOME dir   to
filter and delete spam immeditately before it get's into the user's mailbox.

For some users I do have to send all incoming mail  for user@domain1.com to
another mailserver user@domain2.com by using the /etc/postfix/virtual file.

Unfortuneately all spam intended for user@domain1.com also get's forwarded
to user@domain2.com wich makes my mailserver@domain1.com suspecious as being
a spamserver for the mailserver@domain2.com

So how can I delete all SPAM immediately before it's being forwarded to
user@domain2.com??

Atm my .procmailrc looks like this:

MAILDIR=$HOME/mail
LOGFILE=$HOME/mail/log

:0:
/dev/null

SA version is pamAssassin 3.2.2 (2007-07-23)
with postfix-2.2.10-1.1.el4

Thanks for all info!

Re: dropping spam

Posted by "John D. Hardin" <jh...@impsec.org>.
On Wed, 22 Aug 2007, Euroka wrote:

> For some users I do have to send all incoming mail for
> user@domain1.com to another mailserver user@domain2.com by using
> the /etc/postfix/virtual file.

That bypasses local delivery.

> So how can I delete all SPAM immediately before it's being
> forwarded to user@domain2.com??

In the .procmailrc file for each user you are forwarding, end it with:

  :0
  ! user@domain2.com

In other words, tell procmail to forward the mail rather than telling
postfix to forward the mail.

I'll let others discuss whether discarding spam in the first place is
a good idea... :)

  It's easy to be noble with other people's money.
                                   -- John McKay, _The Welfare State:
                                      No Mercy for the Middle Class_
 3 days until The 1928th anniversary of the destruction of Pompeii