Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Marcos Chicote <mc...@newtechnologies.com.ar> on 2007/04/24 16:37:18 UTC

Table-Tree component

Hi!
I need a component with the following funtionality: it's like a table, but
it is not a table; and it's like a tree, but it's not a tree.
Actually I kwow for sure that it's not a table, but I can't say that it's
definitely not a tree.
Imagine a table (sortable and pagable) very much like the Table component,
except that I need that when a click on a table row a async request is made
to the server and information regarding that row is opened under it indented
a litle bit to the right (this is the tree-like behaviour). This information
is again a table with the same behaviour (each element is clickable and new
"nodes" are opened).

What I need is something like this:

http://sstree.tigris.org/nonav/example4.html

After all this talk here is my question: do I need to start programming a
new component or can I re-use contrib:Table component or tacos:Tree
component in some way to acomplish what I want??

Oh! I'm using Tapestry 4.1!

I hope I have made myself clear. If not, just ask ;)

Thanks!!

Marcos