Posted to server-dev@james.apache.org by eagle007 <tp...@gmail.com> on 2009/05/08 04:52:32 UTC

API for managing (create, disable, delete) User accounts in James?

Hi

I need to manage the user accounts in James from a business component that
is linked to a process flow.

Is there any API for managing (create, disable, delete) User accounts in
James?

I would prefer an API exposed as (in the order of preference)

    a) Web Service (SOAP/XML-RPC etc) or via EJB (Corba/RMI)
    c) Java Interface
    d) any other way

THANKS IN ADVANCE!!

Re: API for managing (create, disable, delete) User accounts in James?

Posted by Eric MacAdie <er...@MacAdie.net>.
For the time being, I would say just change users in the database. That
may not be optimal, but I like that much better than using the Remote
Manager.

Eric MacAdie

Posted by Bernd Fondermann <bf...@brainlounge.de>.
eagle007 wrote:
> Hi:
>
> Would you know the jars in which the classes listed below are packaged in?
> org.apache.james.remotemanager.*
> org.apache.james.services.UsersRepository
> org.apache.james.core.LocalUsersRepository
> org.apache.james.userrepository.*
>
> RemoteManager source is included with the James source. But is the
> RemoteManager packaged for distribution along with James server or
> separately from James Server? If separate, where is the download?
>
> Can the RemoteManager run in a seperate VM than James Server?
>
> Is there a list of dependency jars for running the RemoteManager?
>
> THANKS IN ADVANCE!!

No need to shout, it's not that bad like we would have no documentation
at all ;-)

http://james.apache.org/server/2.3.1/remotemanager_configuration.html

RemoteManager is bundled with the server.

Please see the docs, if you are lost there, please come back to the list.

  Bernd

Re: API for managing (create, disable, delete) User accounts in James?

Posted by eagle007 <tp...@gmail.com>.
Hi: