Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Stefano Bagnara <ap...@bago.org> on 2007/12/02 17:35:14 UTC

SDL and the config folder

Hi all,

I just found that some Standard Directory Layout docs [1] refer to a
config folder (src/main/config):

What does maven do with files in this folder? I cannot find docs about
what plugins use/handle the files in that folder.

Stefano

[1]
http://maven.apache.org/guides/introduction/introduction-to-the-standard-directory-layout.html

Re: SDL and the config folder

Posted by Stefano Bagnara <ap...@bago.org>.
Rémy Sanlaville ha scritto:
> Hi Stefano,
>
> Have a look to the mailing archive :
> http://www.nabble.com/Default-location-of-config-files--%3E-Maven-Standard-Directroy-Layo-ut--tf3466078s177.html#a9672316

Thank you for the link! Unfortunately my google/archive searches failed:
maybe the mispelled "Directroy" and the space in "Layo ut" in that
thread subjects took me away from the answer ;-)

So, to provide much more keywords to google here is the summary:
The config folder (src/main/config) in the Standard Directory Layout is
for the *build* process configuration files, while configuration files
that we want to include in the generated package have to be placed in
the resources folder (src/main/resources).

Thank you,
Stefano

Re: SDL and the config folder