Posted to dev@struts.apache.org by "Saptha \"Girish\" Gadamsetty" <gi...@spry-tech.com> on 2002/08/22 18:51:12 UTC

Struts Validator - Local - Variant

Hi all,

I am trying to implement Internationalization based validation using the
Struts Validator.  The validation works fine when I just have the language
and the country code as attributes for formset in validation.xml but it
fails when I include a variant attribute in the formset. I am using the
following command to set the locale

session.setAttribute(org.apache.struts.action.Action.LOCALE_KEY, new
java.util.Locale("en", "US", "200"));

In the above statement "200" is my custom code based on which I determine
the type of validation required to the form fields.

Where am I going wrong? Did anyone try/implement this before?

...Any help in this regard is highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance
Girish