Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by Zheng Shao <zs...@facebook.com> on 2009/02/10 21:18:15 UTC

anybody knows an apache-license-compatible impl of Integer.parseInt?

We need to implement a version of Integer.parseInt/atoi from byte[] instead of String to avoid the high cost of creating a String object.

I wanted to take the open jdk code but the license is GPL:
http://www.docjar.com/html/api/java/lang/Integer.java.html

Does anybody know an implementation that I can use for hive (apache license)?

I also need to do it for Byte, Short, Long, and Double. Just don't want to go over all the corner cases.

Solutions from c/c++ are OK (as long as the license does not conflict). I can translate it.

Zheng

Re: anybody knows an apache-license-compatible impl of Integer.parseInt?

Posted by Min Zhou <co...@gmail.com>.
Hey zheng,

Maybe you can try ragel ,which can compile very effective codes for your fsm
from regex.  The atoi function produced by ragel can run faster than
glibc's. It also targets java.
http://www.complang.org/ragel/

On Wed, Feb 11, 2009 at 4:18 AM, Zheng Shao <zs...@facebook.com> wrote:

> We need to implement a version of Integer.parseInt/atoi from byte[] instead
> of String to avoid the high cost of creating a String object.
>
> I wanted to take the open jdk code but the license is GPL:
> http://www.docjar.com/html/api/java/lang/Integer.java.html
>
> Does anybody know an implementation that I can use for hive (apache
> license)?
>

> I also need to do it for Byte, Short, Long, and Double. Just don't want to
> go over all the corner cases.
>
> Solutions from c/c++ are OK (as long as the license does not conflict). I
> can translate it.
>
> Zheng

Cheers,
Min Zhou
bytecode based virtual machine.

http://coderplay.javaeye.com

Re: anybody knows an apache-license-compatible impl of Integer.parseInt?

Posted by Steve Loughran <st...@apache.org>.
Zheng Shao wrote:
> We need to implement a version of Integer.parseInt/atoi from byte[] instead of String to avoid the high cost of creating a String object.
>
> I wanted to take the open jdk code but the license is GPL:
> http://www.docjar.com/html/api/java/lang/Integer.java.html
>
> Does anybody know an implementation that I can use for hive (apache license)?
>

> I also need to do it for Byte, Short, Long, and Double. Just don't want to go over all the corner cases.

Use the Apache Harmony code
http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/harmony/enhanced/classlib/branches/java6/modules/