Posted to users@directory.apache.org by "Zhang, Wayne" <wz...@visa.com> on 2012/12/12 18:15:36 UTC

how to separate frontend from backend in Ver 1.5.7

Can anyone give me hint on how to separate the frontend from backend in Ver. 1.5.7?

Will it be a matter of configuration?

Thanks.

Wayne

Re: how to separate frontend from backend in Ver 1.5.7

Posted by Emmanuel Lécharny <el...@gmail.com>.
Le 12/12/12 6:15 PM, Zhang, Wayne a écrit :
> Can anyone give me hint on how to separate the frontend from backend in Ver. 1.5.7?
>
> Will it be a matter of configuration?
Nope.

>From the top of my head, every LDAP request go through the
DefaultPartitionNexus, before being processed by the backend.

This is where the backend operations are called.

You can create your own PartitionNexus implementation, but you will have
to modify the server initialization :

DefaultDirectoryService:
        // @TODO - NOTE: Need to find a way to instantiate without
dependency on DPN
        partitionNexus = new DefaultPartitionNexus( new DefaultEntry(
schemaManager, Dn.ROOT_DSE ) );

As you can see, we intended to have a plugable PartitionNexus, but it's
not yet done.

However, if you are not afraid of playing knees deep into the server
code, you can butcher the existig DefaultPartitionNexus, and wrap the
operation to what you need.

Cordialement,
Emmanuel Lécharny
www.iktek.com