Posted to user@ranger.apache.org by Lukas Bradley <lu...@gmail.com> on 2017/04/25 15:31:21 UTC

Apache Ranger 0.7.0 KMS - Service Mgr Create Service - Username/Password?

I've connected the Ranger KMS plugin to the Apache Ranger.  However, during
the KMS setup, I didn't use Kerberos or any user authentication
specification.  In the Service Manager, when attempting to Create the KMS
service using the keyadmin login, I'm being asked for a username/password.

Is there a default one created during setup?  If so, where is this
specified?  I've tried multiple combinations, but nothing works.

Screenshot of the Service Manger admin: http://imgur.com/a/J8Umn

Error message in the admin:

rg.apache.ranger.plugin.client.HadoopException: {
"RemoteException" : {
"message" : "User:abc123 not allowed to do 'GET_KEYS'",
"exception" : "AuthorizationException",
"javaClassName" :
"org.apache.hadoop.security.authorize.AuthorizationException"
}
}.
{
"RemoteException" : {
"message" : "User:abc123 not allowed to do 'GET_KEYS'",
"exception" : "AuthorizationException",
"javaClassName" :
"org.apache.hadoop.security.authorize.AuthorizationException"
}
}.

Error message in the KMS (for completeness):

2017-04-25 11:28:38,630 UNAUTHORIZED[op=GET_KEYS, user=abc123]

Thanks for any help.

Lukas

Re: Apache Ranger 0.7.0 KMS - Service Mgr Create Service - Username/Password?

Posted by Colm O hEigeartaigh <co...@apache.org>.
keyadmin/keyadmin works for me.

Colm.

--
Colm O hEigeartaigh

Talend Community Coder
http://coders.talend.com

Re: Apache Ranger 0.7.0 KMS - Service Mgr Create Service - Username/Password?

Posted by Lukas Bradley <lu...@gmail.com>.
Well.... good to know.

I confirmed the service, and everything connected correctly.  I'm also able
to create keys from the command line and see them propagate through the
logs.  I'm sure I'll have more questions soon.

Thank you for your help.

Posted by Velmurugan Periasamy <vp...@hortonworks.com>.
Hi Lukas:

Posted by Lukas Bradley <lu...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Lukas Bradley <lu...@gmail.com>.
Thanks for your response.  This is the screen after logging into Ranger as
keyadmin/keyadmin.  This is the screen when adding the actual KMS service.

The docs say the following:
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/RANGER/Apache+Ranger+0.5.0+Installation#ApacheRanger0.5.0Installation-RangerUIsetup

Add following property in
ews/webapp/WEB­INF/classes/conf.dist/kms-­site.xml : (Replace “testkms1”
with appropriate user who will be used for credential authentication):

[snip]

Then:

Check the user present in ranger which will be used for credential
validation (for e.g (“testkms1”) if not then create that using “admin” login

I've done both of those things, and testkms1 does not work.

Finally, I am not using Kerberos, but that section link had the best
documentation of the bunch... so I tried it.

Posted by Lukas Bradley <lu...@gmail.com>.
I just re-installed using 1.0.0-SNAPSHOT and am still getting the same
login issue:

org.apache.ranger.plugin.client.HadoopException: {
"RemoteException" : {
"message" : "User:keyadmin not allowed to do 'GET_KEYS'",