Posted to rivet-dev@tcl.apache.org by Massimo Manghi <ma...@alice.it> on 2020/01/06 19:43:54 UTC

building mod_rivet with Tcl 8.7 and 9.0

I tried to build mod_rivet (branch 'master') with both the latest alpha
releases of Tcl8.7 and 9.0

Tcl8.7 built successfully after the CONST84 definitions were turned into
plain 'const' qualifiers. Building mod_rivet with Tcl 9.0 fails because
CONST84 and other macros that were deprecated in Tcl 8.7, have now been
removed altogether in 9.0 (See TIP #485). These macros had been mostly
defined to support deprecated features in old C compilers.

Nonetheless TIP #485 implies quite a few changes in the library API. It
might have no consequences on our code but in case it had a larger
impact I would create a tcl9 branch out of master to work on the issue

  -- Massimo