Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "Faine, Mark" <Ma...@msfc.nasa.gov> on 2005/05/25 15:26:20 UTC

JAAS LoginModule weird error

I've written a JAAS Login Module for my web application that authenticates
against a third party (Documentum) content management server.  It works fine
but it seems to attempt to login once before the dialog is even presented to
the user.

The logs show:

DfPrincipalException:: THREAD: http-443-Processor13; MSG:
[DM_API_E_NOUSERNAME]error:  "No user name have been provided for a
connection."
... (more authentication failed messages from LoginModule code)

Yet I haven't even tried to login yet.  I am able to  login successfully
after this error but it still bothers me that something is causing it to
attempt a login before it even presents the dialog.

Any suggestion, solutions would be appreciated.

-Mark

Re: JAAS LoginModule weird error

Posted by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>.
Might be related to bug 22617 (which has been fixed in CVS).

Mark