Posted to user@jclouds.apache.org by Shital Patil <sh...@gslab.com> on 2014/04/04 05:56:16 UTC

About neutron and glance API

Hi,

I am using jclouds openstack neutron and it has been very useful for me
but some of the features are still missing in it.

I want to use glance API for upload and download of image but it is not
available from this link,  https://github.com/jclouds/jclouds-labs-openstack
I came to know that glance API exists but not integrated with jclouds and
it supports openstack API v1.0

It would be great if I get to know what are the tentative timelines for
these components to be entirely available with jclouds or at least tell me
how can I use neutron and glance(v1.0 glance is fine or I have to look for
v2.0?) independently

Thank you

Re: About neutron and glance API

Posted by Shital Patil <sh...@gslab.com>.
Thanks a lot for reply Evrett that really helps

Posted by Everett Toews <ev...@RACKSPACE.COM>.

Posted by Shital Patil <sh...@gslab.com>.
Thanks a lot for the  reply Everett

I need to clarify one more thing about this and it will be really helpful
to me if you provide it -

Does this version of jclouds API for various services (eg neutron v2 glance
v1) depend on certain openstack release (eg gizzely/havana) or it depends
on openstack REST API version? If REST API version changes will still
jclouds be able to communicate to openstack using new version of REST API ?
I mean how will this support for new version of openstack REST API be
handled by maintaining backward compatibility with old API versions ?

Thank you