Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by Erik Weber <te...@gmail.com> on 2014/07/29 16:05:07 UTC

Re: [ACS44][BUG] SystemVM not working on 4.4

Changing subject as it's not only KVM related.

Am I the only one concerned about the fact that potentially every ACS44
installation, if installed according to doc, is broken?

The last day there's been atleast three people on IRC with similar symptoms
(system vms not working), one reverted to 4.3 before I could get him/her to
verify it to be the same problem, but two confirmed the java error.

The last one on irc to confirm the issue was an upgrade btw, so it's not
only new installations that has the issue.

Manually updating java on the ssvm and cpvm is a temporarily fix, but not a
good one in the long run.

Downloading the latest 4.4 template from jenkins and updating MySQL
manually seems to give good working system vms as far as I have tested.

Erik

Posted by Todd Pigram <to...@toddpigram.com>.
normally, you would add the as systemvm4.4 from the UI prior to upgrade
using the link to the new systemvm corresponding to your hypervisor. Then
perform the upgrade on MS. Once back in the UI, the vRouters will have an
upgrade feature. For Console and SSVM, delete and recreate....

--

Todd Pigram
http://about.me/ToddPigram

Re: [ACS44][BUG] SystemVM not working on 4.4

Posted by Antone Heyward <th...@gmail.com>.

--
Antone
@thehyperadvisor

Re: [ACS44][BUG] SystemVM not working on 4.4

Posted by Erik Weber <te...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Erik Weber <te...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Tanner Danzey <ar...@gmail.com>.