Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Geoff Longman <gl...@intelligentworks.com> on 2004/01/16 08:39:59 UTC

[Q] instantiation exception loading page

Hey,

I have two pages that share the page class. One page works and the other
tanks with a java.lang.InstantiationException (stack trace appended) when
the PageLoader tries to instantiate it. I'm doing this somewhere else
without incident.

Page1.page -> BaseEditPage
Page2.page ->BaseEditPage

Page 1 work but Page 2 tanks on instantiation.

Its weird, the class is abstract and it is being enhanced, but I didn't
override the default constructor.

Actually, I just tried this:

Page1.page -> BaseEditPage
Page2.page -> AnotherPageClass extends BaseEditPage

and I got the same error on Page 2 (Page 1 still works fine)

Any ideas? Or suggestions for more info I can provide?

Geoff

Geoffrey Longman
Intelligent Works Inc.

Tap 3.0beta3 - Win2k - JDK 1.4.1 - Running in Jetty 4.2.8
      Stack Trace:
        a..
sun.reflect.InstantiationExceptionConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(Instan
tiationExceptionConstructorAccessorImpl.java:30)
        b.. java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Constructor.java:274)
        c.. java.lang.Class.newInstance0(Class.java:306)
        d.. java.lang.Class.newInstance(Class.java:259)
        e..
org.apache.tapestry.pageload.PageLoader.instantiatePage(PageLoader.java:740)
        f..
org.apache.tapestry.pageload.PageLoader.loadPage(PageLoader.java:802)
        g..
org.apache.tapestry.pageload.PageSource.getPage(PageSource.java:194)
        h..
org.apache.tapestry.engine.RequestCycle.getPage(RequestCycle.java:236)
        i..
orca.pages.features.FeatureTypeSelectionPage.formSubmitted(FeatureTypeSelect
ionPage.java:166)
        j.. sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
        k..
)
        l..
.java:25)