Posted to user@hadoop.apache.org by Lin Ma <li...@gmail.com> on 2012/12/22 14:25:55 UTC

reducer tasks start time issue

Hi guys,

Supposing in a Hadoop job, there are both mappers and reducers. My question
is, reducer tasks cannot begin until all mapper tasks complete? If so, why
designed in this way?

thanks in advance,
Lin

Re: reducer tasks start time issue

Posted by Lin Ma <li...@gmail.com>.
Thanks for answering my question with not only the answer, but also
detailed description. :-)

regards,
Lin

Posted by Lin Ma <li...@gmail.com>.