Posted to user@manifoldcf.apache.org by James Thomas <ja...@linguamatics.com> on 2019/01/17 06:44:35 UTC

DidMCF 2.12 change the JSON API response format?

Hi,

After installing MCF 2.12 I am seeing a change in the JSON response
format from the REST API.

Here's an example, from the URL mcf-api-service/json/jobs. I've isolated
a job which exists in both my 2.11 and 2.12 instances. 2.11 is on the left:

The 2.12 format feels "internal" and I see that
https://manifoldcf.apache.org/release/release-2.12/api/framework/constant-values.html
shows e.g. "_type_", "_children_" as constants (but that's also true in
2.12.

I can't see a release note that talks about this change, although
"CONNECTORS-1549: Problem with API output JSON: losing order in child
records." talks about JSON format and the test data for that change
(https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/attachment/12944641/CONNECTORS-1549.patch)
appears to change the JSON format as in my observation.

Is this change expected, and if so is there a way to request the
pre-2.12 format?

Cheers,
James

--
James Thomas
Head of Testing

Queen's Award for Enterprise: International Trade 2014
<https://www.linguamatics.com/blog/press-release-queens-award-cambridge-text-analytics-software-company-linguamatics>

Linguamatics Limited is a company incorporated in England and Wales with
registered number: 4248841
and a registered office at 324 Cambridge Science Park, Milton Road,
Cambridge, CB4 0WG

Re: DidMCF 2.12 change the JSON API response format?

Posted by James Thomas <ja...@linguamatics.com>.
Thanks for the information, Karl.

I have a couple more questions:

It looks like the format is being applied in cases where ordering might
not really matter, e.g. listing jobs as in the example I gave. (Or
perhaps order does matter here?)

Is there any more doc on the non-sugared format than the examples in the
table at
https://manifoldcf.apache.org/release/release-2.12/en_US/programmatic-operation.html#JSON+equivalents+for+ManifoldCF

Is there something I can do in my requests to get the sugared format for
cases where I don't care about ordering?

Cheers,
James

Posted by Karl Wright <da...@gmail.com>.