Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by wil2008 <wc...@gmail.com> on 2008/08/30 13:54:50 UTC

Clicking "add to cart" repeatedly

I am new to Wicket (but not new to HTML, Java and Spring).
I tried to follow the examples in the ebook of "Wicket in Action".
Everything is fine until Chapter 3. I followed the cheese application which
demonstrates a plain shopping cart. I compiled and ran the front page
successfully (including the Index.html and Index.java, up to page 60). I
could "add to cart" and "remove" successfully. So far so good. When I
clicked "add to cart" repeatedly and slowly, it was still good. But If I
clicked quickly enough, the following bunch of "Unexpected RuntimeException"
appeared.

I am not sure this is particular to this specific example or is general for
other Wicket components.
Did I miss something? Does anyone come across something similar?
This is important if I am to propose Wicket in a serious project.
Thank you very much!

Wicket version: 1.3.4

<output>
Could not deserialize object using
`org.apache.wicket.util.io.IObjectStreamFactory$DefaultObjectStreamFactory`
object factory
at org.apache.wicket.util.lang.Objects.byteArrayToObject(Objects.java:411)
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: [Lmycheese.Cheese;
at
org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader.loadClass(WebappClassLoader.java:1387)
</output>

Re: Clicking "add to cart" repeatedly

Posted by jWeekend <jw...@cabouge.com>.
Does this happen under jetty too?

To try this you can use
mvn jetty:run
or
from your IDE run Start

Regards - Cemal
http://www.jWeekend.co.uk http://jWeekend.co.uk

Posted by wil2008 <wc...@gmail.com>.

Posted by James Carman <ja...@carmanconsulting.com>.

Posted by Ritesh Trivedi <ri...@gmail.com>.
I have gotten ClassNotFoundException several times.

I repeatedly get it with 2 browser tabs opened and accessing the same page
and doing some actions on the same page. I havent received any response from
the Wicket team on this yet.

I have also seen it happening with pressing back and forward buttons a few
times.

Posted by Johan Compagner <jc...@gmail.com>.
What i find weird is that it is [xxxx so the cheese is an array of
cheese not the cheese class it self. Which i find a bit strange.

Because that string cant ofcourse not be resolved like that

Posted by Martijn Dashorst <ma...@gmail.com>.
On Sat, Aug 30, 2008 at 1:54 PM, wil2008 <wc...@gmail.com> wrote:
> <output>
> Could not deserialize object using
> `org.apache.wicket.util.io.IObjectStreamFactory$DefaultObjectStreamFactory`
> object factory
> at org.apache.wicket.util.lang.Objects.byteArrayToObject(Objects.java:411)
> Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: [Lmycheese.Cheese;
> at
> org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader.loadClass(WebappClassLoader.java:1387)
> </output>

Certainly not something we'd expect. This is weird: The
ClassNotFoundException suggests a classloader error, could be a bug in
Tomcat though.

Can you please post the whole stack trace?

Martijn

Apache Wicket 1.3.4 is released