Posted to user@hive.apache.org by soumya mishra <ps...@gmail.com> on 2011/04/12 21:22:01 UTC

Hive 7

Hello,

I have to use Hive 7 for a project so wanted to know some details about it
and also if some one can forward em the link to a tutorial so that I can go
ahead and implement it.

Thanks a lot.

Hive regex SerDe issue?

Posted by hadoopman <ha...@gmail.com>.
Is there an issue with using the regex SerDe with loading into Hive text
files above 2 gigs in size?  I've been experiencing out of memory errors
with a select group of logs when running a hive job.  I have been able
to load the data if I use split to cut it in half or thirds.  No problem.

Googling around and figured I'd ask while I'm digging into this.

Thanks!

Re: Hive 7

Posted by 김영우 <wa...@gmail.com>.
Hi soumya,

I think 'Hive Wiki' is a good start point for you. See
http://wiki.apache.org/hadoop/Hive

<http://wiki.apache.org/hadoop/Hive>- Youngwoo