Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by ravi natraj <nr...@yahoo.com> on 2000/05/27 14:06:13 UTC

problem with tomcat & apache - FileNotFoundException

Hi,

We are working with Tomcat 3.1 and Apache 1.3.12 on
Sun Solaris 2.7. All of the examples provided with
Tomcat work fine on our system. When we tried to
deploy our own application, we ran into a problem.

To deploy our application, we created
our application directory, registered it in
tomcat.conf
and server.xml in the tomcat/conf directory. One
of our servlets which only handles doGet works fine
at all times. The other servlet that supports doGet
and doPost is behaving very inconsistently. While it
runs fine once, it does not even get invoked at
another time. We see the following error in the
tomcat.log file:

Context log: path="/app" In error handler 403 null /
R( /app + /servlet/ConfigMgr + null)
Context log: path="/app" Error: Calling servlet
Wrapper(tomcat.errorPage
S:org.apache.tomcat.servlets.DefaultErrorPage)

When trying to access this servlet through a Java
client that uses HttpUrlConnection, we get a
Java.io.FileNotFoundException. It appears as though
even the first line of the doGet and doPost methods
of the servlet are not executed.

Would love to hear if you have any suggestions to fix
this problem. Thanks in advance,

-- N. Ravi

http://invites.yahoo.com/